Position: Consultant in General Adult Community Psychiatry
Hours: This position is a full-time role of 40 hours per week
Location: South Wales
Dates: This position is available immediately for 6 months initially
As a Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services with the adult mental health team. Your core responsibilities would be to help assess, diagnose and oversee the mental health of patients in your care.
• Full GMC licence to practice
• Experience in psychiatry in the UK
• Welsh AC Approval (not essential, there will be support to acquire this)
General skills required:
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry, you will have:
• Quick thinking abilities
• Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
• Excellent attention to detail
• A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
• Excellent timekeeping
• A flexible attitude
• A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
• Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
• Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
• Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
• Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
• Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
• Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
• Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
Benefits of joining National Locums:
• Hundreds of new jobs daily
• Approved supplier of all UK NHS & Private clients
• Quick & hassle free registration
• Competitive pay rates
• Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
• Locum or permanent positions
• Lucrative referral scheme
• Revalidation & Appraisal support
• Subsidised online training
If this sounds appealing to you contact Simon Adams in one of the following ways:
- Phone 01908 776477
- Click 'apply now'
- Or email your details direct to firstname.lastname@example.org