Milton Keynes-based medical recruiters National Locums have been officially recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK.
“Your achievement is recognition of all you have done to make your organisation one of the best places to work.”
Wymbush-based National Locums which is part of Cook Investment Group recruitment agencies supply locum doctors, nurses and allied healthcare professionals to the NHS – and the Covid pandemic has proved the most challenging period in the family firm’s 12-year history.
To meet this, the company….
- Instituted a rigorous safety regime, offering maximum protection to its 100 staff, and providing them with the opportunity to work from home.
- Staged twice-daily meetings, online and on site, to ensure the maximum number of medical professionals were being supplied to hard-pressed NHS hospitals, as well as checking on each team member’s wellbeing.
- Introduced weekly ‘How Are You?’ calls to staff working from home.
- Staged quarterly surveys to track any employee worries and foster a healthy work ethic.
- Managed to operate without any employees being furloughed.
- Maintained its Social Responsibility programme, benefitting local good causes, and always led by a director.
- Sustained an industry-leading regime of personal development and training for everyone, from the most junior member of staff up to the managing director.
- Continued to deliver ‘the fun stuff’ to help alleviate worry and stress, such as Pancake Day, with enthusiastic consumption matched with stringent food handling and safety standards, and Friday ‘Prosecco Time’.
Says Cook Investment Group managing director David Cook: “After achieving a one star ranking in 2020, we are absolutely thrilled to have been awarded two stars in this year’s Best Companies to Work For scheme.
“Supplying locum doctors and nurses for the NHS in the most challenging environment any of us can remember has meant working ever more closely with our people.
“Together, we have grown the business, ensuring that our support for NHS staffing has been matched with a determination to ensure our people are happy, healthy and fully motivated.”