Fast-growing, Milton Keynes-based medical recruitment company National Locums has launched into 2016 with a boost to its fundraising drive for a leading children’s hospital.
A Christmas and New Year raffle brought in almost £900, bringing to £3,700 the total tally so far raised as part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
The 53-strong team at the Manor Farm Court, Old Wolverton company – which supplies doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals to NHS and independent hospitals across the UK – are fundraising for The Oxford Children’s Hospital, and their (sometimes less-than-conventional!) activities have included…..
- Nursing team consultants Linda Museka and Dan Thompson adopting a vegan diet for a month.
- Locum consultant Kieran Barnby losing his entire luxuriant hair-and-beard combo in a sponsored shave.
- A team of seven taking part in the five mile Ox5 charity run.
- An in-house pool tournament.
- ……and other fundraisers including a cake sale and a charity abseil
The Oxford Children’s Hospital is one of only a handful of purpose-built, specialist centres for children in the UK. It is very close to the hearts of National Locums directors Jen and David Cook whose children Evan and Jessica have been treated at the hospital.
Now the company is aiming to beat the £7,000 it raised last year for Leo’s Appeal, in support of the Milton Keynes Hospital children’s unit.