Position: Consultant in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Hours: This position is a full-time role of 40 hours per week
As a Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services with the experienced mental health team. Your core responsibilities would be to help assess, diagnose and oversee the mental health of patients in your care.
• Full GMC licence to practice
• Experience in psychiatry in the UK
• AC Approval
• Section 12 Approval
General skills required:
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, you will have:
• Quick thinking abilities
• Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
• Excellent attention to detail
• A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
• Excellent timekeeping
• A flexible attitude
• A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
• Recognise, review, and report a patient’s condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
• Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
• Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
• Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
• Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
• Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
• Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
Benefits of joining National Locums:
• Hundreds of new jobs daily
• Approved supplier of all UK NHS & Private clients
• Quick & hassle free registration
• Competitive pay rates
• Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
• Locum or permanent positions
• Lucrative referral scheme
• Revalidation & Appraisal support
• Subsidised online training
Apply online or for additional information regarding this job please call Simon Adams
on +44 (0) 1908 77 64 77