National Locums is hiring a Consultant Dermatologist on a locum part-time/fulltime basis. This will be for an NHS hospital setting in Birmingham.
Pay rate is between £800-£2000 per day, depending on the strength of the candidate’s CV.
The Consultant must be able to see and treat the following:
- General Dermatology
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Botox and fillers
- skin cancer
- 2ww clinics
Main duties of the job
- Take and share the consultant clinical responsibilities within the department, this can be part-time or fulltime or even just weekends
- UK visa sponsorship will be provided if need be
- Supervise nurse-led clinics within the department
- Providing management advice for GPs where appropriate
The consultant job plan will be based on a 10 PA contract. However, applicants are encouraged to apply even for a 1-2 day per week work pattern. Payments to be made via a limited company or self-employed options will be available as this can be through a private service provider. UK experience is usually preferred but is not required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Broad knowledge and experience of medical and surgical dermatology including management of acute dermatoses
- A particular interest and expertise in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCST in Dermatology
- Ability to offer an expert opinion on the full range of dermatological problems
- Ability to take full an independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients
- Ability to safely oversee and share care of patients with chronic skin problems with nursing and other staff
- Supervised training in an appropriate SpR training programme or equivalent