Position: Consultant in PICU Psychiatry
Hours: This position is a full-time role of 40 hours per week
As a Consultant PICU Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services with the Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit . Your core responsibilities would be to help assess, diagnose and oversee the mental health of patients in your care.
• Full GMC licence to practice
• Experience in psychiatry in the UK
• AC Approval
• Section 12 Approval
General skills required:
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in PICU Psychiatry, you will have:
• Quick thinking abilities
• Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
• Excellent attention to detail
• A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
• Excellent timekeeping
• A flexible attitude
• A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
• Recognise, review, and report a patient’s condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
• Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
• Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
• Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
• Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
• Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
• Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
Benefits of joining National Locums:
• Hundreds of new jobs daily
• Approved supplier of all UK NHS & Private clients
• Quick & hassle free registration
• Competitive pay rates
• Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
• Locum or permanent positions
• Lucrative referral scheme
• Revalidation & Appraisal support
• Subsidised online training
Apply online or for additional information regarding this job please call Simon Adams
on +44 (0) 1908 77 64 77